Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe on FoodTV.ca. I can't remember which chef had it posted. Anyway, I tried it today since eggplant and zucchini were on special at the supermarket and I had some peppers to use up. It takes a while to cook but is sooooo good!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cored, seeded and cut into thick julienne strips
- 4 -6 tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- Saute the onions in olive oil, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the sauteed onions in the bottom of a roasting pan or gratin dish.
- Layer the rest of the vegetables, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven until the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables have sunk into a deep-coloured confit, approximately 2 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Check the tian half way through the cooking time. If you find that the top is browning too quickly, lay on a piece of aluminum foil and continue cooking.