Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Lovely light but tasty summer recipe from a little book called "Recettes d'un Mas provencal" that I bought in Baux de Provence last summer.
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, seeds removed,thinly sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled,thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil in a shallow ovenproof dish and evenly cover the bottom of the dish with the chopped onion.
- Layer zucchini, potato and tomato slices, sprinkling the breadcrumbs mixture in between layers, finishing with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Cover with foil and put in the oven for 1 1/2- 2 hours, remove foil during the last 10 minutes.
This was really delicious. I really couldn't stop eating this, it was soo good!!! I will defenitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
Although this is an interesting recipe, I thought this needed a bit more of a kick for us. I wasn't sure the size pan, so it is possible that I used too big of a pan to make this, however I think this is a great recipe for cleaning out the vegetable drawer and is easily open to adaptations depending what is on hand. I did some subsitutions based on what I had on hand using brocolli instead of zucchini, and 2 potatoes and 1 turnip instead of the 3 potatoes, but using the four tomatoes. I also added a green and red bell pepper to the chopped onions. Thanks for sharing this very versatile recipe.