Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My aunt brought this salad to a family gathering over Independence Day weekend, and I fell in love with it! She gave me the recipe, and here it is for your enjoyment :-) I added some cucumber and feta to the leftovers, and it was delicious.
- Bring water, oil and salt to a boil; stir in bulghur.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 25 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Zest one lemon to measure 1 tablespoon of zest; juice lemons to measure 1/4 cup of juice.
- Combine cooked bulghur, tomato, onions, parsley, mint, lemon zest, and juice in batter bowl.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.