A popular drink all over the French West Indies. This apéritif is consumed on a daily basis. Ti is patois for petit which means small. However don't let the size fool you it packs quite a punch! Ça chauffe le coeur et les entrailles! You'll speak French for sure! With only three ingredients, it couldn't be any simpler but I implore you to use a good quality rum. Translated in part from sous-les-cocotiers.com
- Pour the syrup or sugar in a glass.
- Squeeze half of lime into a glass. After squeezing go ahead and drop it into the glass. Cut a slice from the unused half and use to garnish the rim of the glass.
- Add the rum and swirl the glass slowly with love.
- Breathe in the sweet perfume which arises and let yourself soak up the flavours of Les Antilles.
- Your punch is almost ready, all that is left now is to sip it slowly among friends and -- with moderation! Seriously one of these is enough if you don't intend to be comatose before the meal.