Recipe by Evie*
Lovely with a roast
Top Review by Bergy
Thyme after Thyme Thyme is popping up into my cooking. It seems I had forgotten what a wonderful flavor it adds and this recipe is no exception. We love onions and this recipe adds a new flavor dimension. The thyme seems to enhace and soften but not take away the onion flavor,I used large pickling onions and because of their size only roasted them for 25 minutes - Nice looking side dish as well as tasty Thanks Evie* for another winner
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lbs small onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Heat the oil and butter in large roasting dish.
- Remove outer skins off the onions but keep them whole.
- Add the onions to the dish and toss them in the oil and butter mixture over a medium heat until lightly sauteed.
- Add the thyme and seasoning and roast for 45-50 minutes, basting regularly.