Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious-sounding recipe from "Thyme to Spare" Catering. Recipe does not provide cooking time for potatoes; although, they should be cooked just until tender so they will hold up in the salad.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, boiled just until tender and cubed (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon bottled basil pesto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Gently toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in a tightly covered container and shake well. Just before serving the potato salad, toss salad ingredients with dressing. Shredded carrots and/or bacon bits may be added, if desired.