From Cooking Light. Per 1 1/3 cup serving: 314 calories, 10.2 g fat, 16.4 g protein, 41.9 g carb, 11.6 g fiber, 13 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced carrots (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1 cup diagonally sliced parsnip (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked great northern beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 links frozen italian vegetarian sausages, thawed and chopped (Boca)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, carrot, parsnip, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place parsnip mixture in a 5-quart slow cooker; add in beans and next 6 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender; discard bay leaf.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter in a small bowl; toss with a fork until crumbs are moist.
- Stir breadcrumb mixture and sausage into bean mixture; sprinkle with parsley.