1/1 Photo of Thyme-Scented White Bean Cassoulet
8 hrs 45 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1 1/3 cup serving: 314 calories, 10.2 g fat, 16.4 g protein, 41.9 g carb, 11.6 g fiber, 13 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced carrots (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 1 cup diagonally sliced parsnip (1/2-inch thick slices)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked great northern beans, drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 links frozen italian vegetarian sausages, thawed and chopped (Boca)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in onion, carrot, parsnip, and garlic; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Place parsnip mixture in a 5-quart slow cooker; add in beans and next 6 ingredients.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender; discard bay leaf.
- 5Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and butter in a small bowl; toss with a fork until crumbs are moist.
- 6Stir breadcrumb mixture and sausage into bean mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme-Scented White Bean Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 336.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: