Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness. I naturally cut the olive oil and butter down (for my own preference), but you may want to increase to 1-1/2 T
- 2 lbs carrots, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss carrots, oil and thyme in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread carrots in single layer on large baking sheet; dot with butter. Roast until carrots are tender and brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Options: You could use baby carrots, just watch cooking time.
The carrotes were so tasty prepared this way. We really enjoyed this simple recipe. It was quick and easy to make with terrific results, made exactly as written. The carrotes were tender, sweet and perfectly spiced, I did serve with salt and pepper. I agree that the fresh thyme leaves work beautifully in this dish. Thanks for sharing your recipe Abby Girl, made for Let's Party 2011.
So simple and so tasty. Made just as stated and the carrots came out tender, sweet and the thyme does complement it so well.
Thanks for posting.
Made for P-A-R-T-Y, December 2011.
I only used one pound of carrots but used the same amount of olive oil and butter but cut the thyme in half. This was a different way for us to enjoy carrots but next time I think I would cut the thyme back even more.