Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This also works well on the grill wrapped loosely in foil.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Drizzle asparagus w/ olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes or until asparagus is to desired tenderness.
Simple is best where asparagus is concerned and this simple recipe brought out the best in ours. The only tiny alteration I made was to use a beautiful parmesan infused olive oil which complimented the dish really well. Thanks for posting.
Simple and delicious pretty much says it all. Instead of drizzling with olive oil, I used a mister and lightly misted the asparagus. This will definately be a repeat.
So simple and so delicious! I made 1-1/2 lbs. of asparagus for my husband and myself and there were no leftovers!