Recipe by Ozzy
Just a really nice combination that i think works with nearly any main dish. Or try it by itself with just the potatoes some sweet chili dipping sauce and sour cream!
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh, YUM, YUM, YUM!!! These roasted veggies were so delicious! They were creamy on the inside with a lovely crunchy crust. The thyme and rock salt added a great taste and made for a very special parsnip and potato dish. I used ordinary potatoes and fresh thyme as thats what I had on hand and it worked out nicely. Also I did not remove the centre of my parsnips, cause it wasnt hard at all. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Made and reviewed for the Herb of the Month Club in the French Forum.
- 1 kg charlotte potatoes or 1 kg baby new potato
- dried thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 parsnips
- coarse rock salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice in half to make these potatoes into bite size pieces, or if small enough leave whole.
- Cut the parsnips julienne and slice out the hard core center.
- Place both potatoes and parsnips into a roasting tin and cover all with a generous splash of olive oil.
- Then cover with plenty of thyme and two large dessert spoons of rock salt and rub around until all is coated.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200° for 35 minutes or until golden.