Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from EatingWell.com and am posting this as a request. This sauce should taste fantastic! Can't wait to taste it! Am posting the recipe as is but we would make it without the jalapenos. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (not thawed) or 2 cups frozen blueberries (not thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
FILET MIGNON STEAKS
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground coarse pepper
- 4 filet mignon steaks (1.5to2-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, to taste (Blueberry-Bourbon Sauce)
- MAKE BLUEBERRY-BOURBON SAUCE:.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and just starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and jalapeno(if using) and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add bourbon, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses and allspice; return to a boil.
- Reduce the and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- FILET MIGNONS:.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine thyme, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture on all sides of steaks.
- Grill the steaks 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving with Blueberry-Bourbon Sauce.
This dish was sooo different, but amazing. My guests were blown away by the complex flavors. It is a very easy way to wow guests. (One vegetarian guest just ate the sauce plain!)
Awsome. Our guests requested a copy of the recipe. Stuck completely to the recipe except for adding a dash more bourbon.