1/4 Photos of Thyme/Mustard Pork Roast
3 hrs 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe has been in my files for years, & I fall back on it everytime I want to get back to a basic pork roast! I usually serve it with a homemade apple sauce or a cranberry sauce, but the last time around I made Zaar chef JanetC-KY's Spiced Apple and Raisin Sauce for a nice-tasting raisin sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small container thoroughly mix thyme, mustard, celery seed & garlic powder. [NOTE: I usually just rub the thyme between my thumb & index finger to crush some of the leaves.].
- 3Rinse the roast & pat it dry with paper towels.
- 4Rub herb mixture over the roast [OR roll the roast in it].
- 5Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 6Roast, uncovered about 3 1/4 hours.
- 7About 30 minutes before end of roasting time, insert meat thermometer with tip in center of largest muscle of roast.
- 8Roast should be ready to remove from oven when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- 9Cover with tent of foil, then let stand 10-15 minutes before carving, during which time internal temperature SHOULD reach 170 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme/Mustard Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 107.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 48.6 g