Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is said to be excellent for treating hangovers or as a digestif. 1 1/2 months macerating time.
- 2⁄3 cup flowered wild thyme or 2⁄3 cup mediterranean dried thyme
- 1 quart vodka
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the thyme in a bottle that holds more than 1 quart.
- Add the vodka and let stand for 5 weeks in a dark cupboard, shaking every 2-3 days.
- Add the sugar and shake well.
- Let stand for another week, shaking once every 2 days.
- The sugar should be dissolved by the end of the week.
- Pass the liqueur through a dampened coffee filter and transfer to a 1-quart bottle.
- Add the branch of fresh thyme and seal.
- Store in a dark, cool place.
- Will keep for more than 1 year.