Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Makes a nice coating for chicken, pork, or even fish. A real nice change of pace.
Make and share this Thyme is on My Side Coating Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb of any boneless mild fish
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- In a bowl, mix together the first eight ingredients.
- Stir in oil until crumbly.
- Store in covered container, in refrigerator.
- Makes a little over 2 cups of coating mix.
- For coating chicken or pork:
- Place 3/4 to 1 cup of coating mix in reseal able plastic bag.
- Place a small amount of water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip pork, chicken, or fish in water.
- For pork or chicken place in bag, shake and coat.
- For fish put coating on plate, and dredge on both sides.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook pork or chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- For fish cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or check for desired doneness.
This was great! I tripled the recipe, so that I would have some on hand when time was tight. It's so good, I won't be going back to the bought stuff! Big bonus for a houseful of folks subject to migraines: No MSG, or ingredients we can't pronounce.