Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This butter is great served on steaks. This needs at least 2 hours for flavors to blend, time not included
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince garlic and mask to a paste with salt using a heavy knife.
- Transfer to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Roll into a 6-inch log in a sheet of plastic wrap, tisting the ends closed; Chill, covered, at least 2 hours for flavors to blend.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
An extremely delicious garlic butter! I love the addition of thyme very much. Used this with an open face turkey sandwich and will try it with fish, too. Thanks for posting!
Made for Spring into Spring with Garlic and Soy /Diabetes Forum).
This is a wonderful addition to my flavoured butter collection! I used it to pan fry my tilapia, as well as to add a pat to the finished servings. I can only imagine how great it will be on steamed vegetables. Made for the December Herb/Spice of the Month = THYME !!!!!