Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A simple but flavorful preparation for trout. I am currently in love with thyme and have been putting a concerted effort into adding more fish to our diet. This recipe was a big winner with the whole family. Trout is a nice fish since it doesn't have an overwhelming flavor on it's own. Prep time includes time for marination.
- 1 trout
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Place fish skin side down in an oven safe dish.
- Melt butter.
- Juice one of the lemons, add the juice and thyme leaves to the melted butter.
- Lightly smash each clove to release its juice, then insert randomly into the flesh of the fish.
- Pour butter liquid and herb over fish.
- Spread capers onto the fish flank.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Remove dish from fridge at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Set oven on broiler and allow to heat.
- Broil fish for five minutes. Remove and spoon liquids over fish. Slice second lemon and lay over fish.
- Return to oven for 3 to 5 more minutes. Serve.
I cheated and didn't marinate it but it was still very good. I added the capers at the end as I like them tart.