Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens http://www.bhg.com
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 small sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips (red or yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry marsala
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- hot cooked linguine (optional)
- Place each chicken piece, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Coat the chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add carrot strips; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add sweet pepper strips, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between 2 dinner plates. Cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Place the chicken on top of cooked vegetables.
- Add Marsala and thyme to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up any crusty browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour the Marsala mixture over chicken.
- If desired, serve with linguine.