Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from Real Simple magazine, September 06. I haven't tried it yet but they look wonderful! The mayonnaise biscuits I've had before have always been yummy, so I'm think fresh herbs could only make them yummier! If you try this before me, let me know what you think :)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Use a pastry blender or your fingertips to add the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add thyme and toss.
- In a measuring cup, whisk milk with mayonnaise.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a 1 inch thick rectangle.
- Cut biscuits into squares and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
The flavor of the thyme really comes through on these. I don't think they rose the way they were supposed to, but even with them being flat they tasted great. I will be making these again as I like how they tasted and to see what it was that caused them not to raise when baked.