1 hr 5 mins
In 'Muffins' by Elizabeth Alston
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add in onion and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring several times until tender; remove from heat.
- 3Crumble thyme leaves into the saucepan and stir into the butter.
- 4Heat oven to 400°; grease muffin cups, or use foil or paper baking cups.
- 5Thoroughly mix flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 6Beat egg in a small bowl; whisk in milk.
- 7Add onion and herb mixture; pour over dry ingredients.
- 8Mix gently with a rubber spatula, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 9Scoop batter into muffin cups.
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes, until tinged with brown and no longer damp in the center.
- 11Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme and Onion Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 286.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g