Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this soup, you can add a few potatoes more potatoes if you like. We love it just the way it is. Feel free to change it tho.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium leeks, sliced in thin rings
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into thin semi-circles
- 1 (19 ounce) can green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves, removed from stalk (I often use regular thyme instead)
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes, made into stock with about 1 and a half pints of water
- olive oil
- freshly grated black pepper
- Put the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil into a large pan and melt over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and lemon thyme leaves and let it infuse the oil, be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the leeks and allow them to sweat until they become soft.
- Add the potato and carrot and sweat for a little while more.
- (Keep an eye on them, stirring occasionally, so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan).
- Add the lentils and stir them into the mixture.
- Pour in the stock and season with black pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.