1/1 Photo of Thyme and Lemon Savoury Shortbread
Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
Made these for the first time yesterday. Very easy to make and something different to sweet biscuits. Make sure you're generous with the sprinkled salt; I was a little stingy and found they tasted a lot better when I put some more on. They can be stored in an air-tight container for up to one week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together the flour, salt, lemon zest and thyme.
- 2Rub in the butter with your fingertips to form a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- 3Using a wooden spoon, beat in the egg and yolks (reserve a small amount of beaten egg for brushing).
- 4Knead a couple of times then wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- 5Unwrap and roll out until half an inch thick. Cut into whatever shape you wish - the traditional is strips.
- 6Use a fork to brick the tops of the biscuits, then brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle generously with the sea salt.
- 7Place in a pre-heated oven at 350F until golden (about 20 minutes). Turn out onto a rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme and Lemon Savoury Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 510.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g