Recipe by Bev
This herbed cheese dip has almost nothing else in it to mask the thyme flavor. Serve with crackers, lightly toasted pita bread, and raw vegetable sticks. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by GinnyP
Bev, I made this with cream cheese since that's what I had on hand. I have to say, I'm one of those people that salts everything. I tasted this first without the salt and it was so full of good fresh flavor that it really doesn't need salt (if you knew my salt habits you'd realize what a big compliment that is : ) I did add the coarse salt. It doesn't taste too salty to me, but for anyone looking for low-sodium, to leave out the salt will not sacrifice one bit of the flavor of this dip. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package farmer cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 4 ingredients in processor until garlic is finely chopped, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add cheese and sour cream; blend well.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; chill 30 minutes (Dip can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.).