Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This herbed cheese dip has almost nothing else in it to mask the thyme flavor. Serve with crackers, lightly toasted pita bread, and raw vegetable sticks. From Bon Appetit.
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package farmer cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Blend first 4 ingredients in processor until garlic is finely chopped, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add cheese and sour cream; blend well.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; chill 30 minutes (Dip can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.).
Bev, I made this with cream cheese since that's what I had on hand. I have to say, I'm one of those people that salts everything. I tasted this first without the salt and it was so full of good fresh flavor that it really doesn't need salt (if you knew my salt habits you'd realize what a big compliment that is : ) I did add the coarse salt. It doesn't taste too salty to me, but for anyone looking for low-sodium, to leave out the salt will not sacrifice one bit of the flavor of this dip. Yum!
I made this with cream cheese and doubled the garlic, and served with spinach and tomato chips. Very good and simple. Let the cream cheese soften before you process.