Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
OMG this is the BEST roast I have ever made in a crockpot! The apple juice makes this gravy divine!
Make and share this ThunderBird Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- Crockpot instructions: Place chuck roast, onion soup mix, brown gravy mix, and apple juice into a crockpot and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
- Oven instructions: Mix together the apple juice, onion soup mix, and brown gravy mix in a casserole dish.
- Add chuck roast, and cook covered for 2 1/2 to 3 hours in a 325 degree oven (165 degrees C).
We just finished dinner 15 minutes ago and I had to get on the computer right away to let you know this was absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! We used about 2.5 pounds of chuck, cut into chunks. We browned the meat first, before putting everything in the crockpot, which we then turned on high for 3 hours. I had my doubts about something so simple tasting special, but it sure does! I served this on mashed potatoes made with a little sour cream. NO leftovers, except sauce, which we are keeping to make a little stew with carrots and potatoes tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this recipe. It's going to be made many, many more times in our home.
Very good and easy to do. Added garlic, onion, and mushrooms and had a hearty meal! Thanks for the great recipe.
We used a 3.5 pound 7 bone chuck, and it was really good. I think next time I will add a few mushrooms (or use a mushroom brown gravy) and a little italian seasoning, but the neighbors appreciated the smell just the way it was :)