Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Our community recently had an old fashioned Pie Contest and this is the winning pie by Cindy Tymkiw. It looks easy and the raves about it could be heard miles away. Cindy says "Hope you enjoy! Even if you count your calories this is very hard to resist."
- 1 prepared pie crust (, in a 9 "inch" pie plate)
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Beat together sugar, flour, cornsyrup, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in the pecans& Butter Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until the center is puffed and golden, cool& serve.
This is what we call a basic pecan pie in KY. To really spiffy it up add a little bourbon and some chocolate chips. yummy
The pecans tasted noticeably buttery (I made sure they were well-coated with butter before adding to the syrup mixture) and the pie as a whole is a bit less sweet than most. In other words...PERFECTION!
Ok so this tasted great! My only recommendation would be to bake the crust only for 3 min, take it out and then pour the batter in. Otherwise, it will seep through the crust and well there won't be much of a crust. Also, do not forget to put a cookie sheet on the bottom because it oozes out. Don't fret if it's done and the center is still a tad liquidy as it cools it hardens. It's best to cook it the night before you eat it. Do not be in a rush to eat this, it needs to set for several hours, until completely cooled.