1/2 Photos of Thunder Pie
Peggy Lynn's Note:
This pie was entered in a pie contest being held by The Houston Chronicle--submitted by Donna Wick--It's like a Banana Split in pie form--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place pie crust dough on a pizza baking sheet.
- 3Press down firmly and stretch so that the crust laps a touch over the edge will shrink slightly.
- 4Bake until slightly golden.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool.
- 6Meanwhile, by hand, mix milk, 1/4 cup lemon juice and vanilla together in bowl.
- 8Slice bananas and toss in remaining one teaspoon lemon juice so they don't turn brown on the pie.
- 9Pour off excess lemon juice and set bananas aside.
- 10Spread chilled milk mixture on cooled crust, leaving empty a 1/2 inch space from the edge (to look like a pizza).
- 11Decorate the pie with banana slices, pineapple chunks, pecans and cherries.
- 12Warm Hot Fudge Sauce and drizzle on top.
- 13If you like, you can take a can of whipped cream and create slices.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thunder Pie
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 165.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: