1/5 Photos of Thunder Bay Oven Fried Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
My grandmother sent me this community book from Thunderbay, it's pretty old, the dishes are amazing and very easy to fix. This was one of my grandmothers favourite dishes. I remember having this when we were little kids visiting her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs chicken pieces or 4 lbs chicken breasts
- 6 cups dry bread cubes (diced bread)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sage
- 2 tablespoons oil, vegetable
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups water, cold
- 1Add salt, pepper, sage and 1/2 cup of flour together.
- 2Dip chicken in seasoned flour.
- 3Brown all over in hot oil.
- 4Dressing- Combine bread cubes, onion and melted margarine with 1/2 of the soup to bind.
- 5In a roasting pan place the bread dressing on bottom of pan.
- 6Add the chicken to the top of the dressing.
- 7Mix 2 tbsp of flour to 1/2 can of chicken soup and add 1 1/2 cups of water (*you want 2 cups of liquid for gravy).
- 8Pour over top of chicken and dressing.
- 9Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes, carrotes, yellow beans and peas.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thunder Bay Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.9
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 1462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 60.4 g