1/5 Photos of Thunder Bay Oven Fried Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
My grandmother sent me this community book from Thunderbay, it's pretty old, the dishes are amazing and very easy to fix. This was one of my grandmothers favourite dishes. I remember having this when we were little kids visiting her.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs chicken pieces or 4 lbs chicken breasts
- 6 cups dry bread cubes (diced bread)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sage
- 2 tablespoons oil, vegetable
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups water, cold
- 1Add salt, pepper, sage and 1/2 cup of flour together.
- 2Dip chicken in seasoned flour.
- 3Brown all over in hot oil.
- 4Dressing- Combine bread cubes, onion and melted margarine with 1/2 of the soup to bind.
- 5In a roasting pan place the bread dressing on bottom of pan.
- 6Add the chicken to the top of the dressing.
- 7Mix 2 tbsp of flour to 1/2 can of chicken soup and add 1 1/2 cups of water (*you want 2 cups of liquid for gravy).
- 8Pour over top of chicken and dressing.
- 9Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes, carrotes, yellow beans and peas.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thunder Bay Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.9
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 1462.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 60.4 g