Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These biscuits are sweet and super-easy to make. The recipe comes from Thunder Bay Grille restaurants, but if you can't make it to Iowa/Illinois you can enjoy them in your own home! I'm also including a recipe for cinnamon butter, but they're fabulous with any biscuit spread you enjoy. *Note: I'm actually halving the original recipe so use both measurements of sugar ... 1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1 1⁄8 cups milk
- Stir together flour, both measures of sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend in margarine or butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk a little at a time and mix to make a stiff dough. You might not use all of the milk.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 370 degrees until golden brown, approximately 12 minutes.
- CINNAMON BUTTER.
- 1 stick soft butter.
- 1/8 cup brown sugar.
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- dash of vanilla.
- Whip all ingredients together with a mixer or wire whip until well blended. Serve with Thunder Bay Biscuits, alongside quick breads or muffins, or over French Toast or pancakes!