1/1 Photo of Thumbprint Cookies Chocolate Filled Mocha & Coconut Easy Si
Chef #1802998083's Note:
Deliciously rich mocha and coconut thumbprint cookies with a luscious chocolate filling. This recipe makes a wonderful thumbprint cookie. Buttery, crumbly, and rich with flavor they make a tasty treat anytime.
My Private Note
28-38 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 ounces baker's baking chocolate (1/2 bar)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces bar baker's baking chocolate
- 1In a bowl sift together flour,baking soda,salt,and powdered sugar, also add sugar and coconut.
- 2melt 1/2 of the butter and the 1/2 bar of bakers chocolate.
- 3once the butter and chocolate are melted and slightly cooled mix in the cocoa powder.
- 4In a bowl take 1/2 of the sifted flour mixture and add it to the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- 5take the other 1/2 of your butter and add it to the remaining flour mixture as if you were mixing it into a pastry dough.
- 6to your chocolate mixture add the 3 tablespoons strong coffee and 1/2 a teaspoon extract.
- 7to your coconut mixture add 3 tablespoons cold water and the other 1/2 a teaspoon extract.
- 8line a baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 350.
- 9take the coconut mixture and start shaping cookies by rolling about a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball , flatten the ball between your hands gently press a thumb into the center to create a hollow center for filling , dip in shredded coconut and place on baking sheet repeat until all the dough is done.
- 10repeat the same process with the mocha mixture omitting the step of dipping into shredded coconut at the end. bake in oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 11while cookies bake melt 1 bar bakers chocolate plus 3 tablespoons of butter in a double boiler.
- 12when cookies are done cool on a wire rack.
- 13once cooled take a tablespoon of the melted cooled chocolate mixture and fill the centers.
- 14place in fridge to cool thoroughly and allow chocolate center to set.
- 15Best served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thumbprint Cookies Chocolate Filled Mocha & Coconut Easy Si
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 558.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g