Recipe by ~Leanne~
I started looking for a thumbprint recipe and found this one I have changed it a bit to fit my families tastes. These are a great holiday cookies. I have also dyed the dough orange for Halloween. These are very versatile.
Top Review by mary winecoff
I wanted a thumbprint cookies that did not have nuts and this one turned out perfectly. I did chill the dough about 20 minutes and used a melon baller (using the back) to press out the hole. They looked beautiful. Filled with some homemade strawberry preserves.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup red jelly preserves
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat margarine and sugar together until fluffy; add vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into balls and press thumb into the middle of the cookie, fill with half a tsp or so of jelly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.