1/1 Photo of Thumbprint Cookies
Liz Zzzz©'s Note:
Fill the "print" in each nut-crunchy goodie with a dollop of sparkling Christmas red or green jelly, a candied cherry or pastel-tinted frosting.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- 3Work in flour and salt until dough holds together.
- 4Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls.
- 5Beat egg white slightly.
- 6Dip each dough ball into egg white; roll in nuts.
- 7Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet; press thumb deeply in center of each.
- 8Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- 9Immediately remove from baking sheet.
- 10Cool; fill thumbprint with jelly.
- 11*Ifusing self-rising flour, omit salt.
- 12Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies: Substitute ½ cup granulated sugar for ¼ cup brown sugar; add 1 ounce melted unsweetened chocolate (cool) with the vanilla.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.2
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 587.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g