1/3 Photos of Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are filled with a chocolate frosting. Recipe is from Family Circle.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt.
- 3In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and egg until creamy.
- 4Stir in flour mixture.
- 5Shape dough into 36 balls of 2 t each.
- 6Refrigerate for awhile if dough is too soft to work with.
- 7Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Make indent in center of each with thumb.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, until set.
- 10Cool on wire racks.
- 11In bowl, stir 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar with 3 1/2 teaspoons water.
- 12Transfer to a plastic bag and snip a small corner from the bag.
- 13Drizzle icing over cooled cookies, let dry.
- 14Beat remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- 15Beat in chocolate.
- 16Transfer to a plastic bag.
- 17Snip off corner of bag; fill centers of cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g