Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
As a kid, our next door neighbors would make these cookies at Christmastime. After I grew up and moved out....I always longed for these yummy cookies and asked my neighbor for the coveted recipe. It wasn't until 20 years later, when I was getting married that I finally got this recipe for Thumbprint Cookies. (I wanted the recipe so much that I told Mrs. B to give me the recipe for our wedding gift!)
- 158.51 ml butter
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 1 egg, separated
- 314.66 ml flour
- 118.29 ml jam
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans
- Let butter soften in a mixing bowl-add sugar and almond extract. Cream thoroughly.
- Add yolk and beat well.
- Add flour and blend (add a bit more if necessary, dough shouldn't be sticky).
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in egg white and into chopped pecans. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into each ball-making a wide imprint in each cookie.
- Fill imprints with jam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Makes 2 dozen small or 1 dozen large cookies.
Great recipes, easy to prepare, delightful to consume! I did substitute flaked coconut for the pecans and it seemed to go over quite well. Thanks for sharing.