Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These have been around a long time and are very good. They are so pretty on a tray of goodies.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks (save whites)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts (finely chopped)
- Cream the butter till light and fluffy; then gradually add the brown sugar.
- Add yolks to creamed mixture.
- Blend in the vanilla, salt, and flour; mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls and dip into unbeaten egg whites.
- The roll in the finely chopped nuts.
- Place 1" apart on an ungreased sheet.
- 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minute.
- Make an indentation with thumb.
- Return to oven and finish baking just a little while longer till done.
- Place jelly or jam in the dent.