Recipe by Rhonda O
My Mom made these every Christmas! Everyone loves them!
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
These are quite easy to make. The only change I made was to use more chopped pecans (I found myself running out after rolling about 2/3 of the cookies.) I used raspberry preserves, which seemed to me to provide the best combination of flavours. They taste great and look wonderful as well.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, soft
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- jam or jelly or preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine and sugar to creamy.
- Add syrup and egg yolk.
- Stir in flour, mix well.
- Chill dough.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white.
- Roll into nuts.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
- While warm fill center or each cookie with your favorite jam, jelly, or preserves.
- (I use strawberry preserves).