Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Recipe I got off a coupon for Smuckers Preserves. I use a variety of fruit spread for various flavors and colors in the cookies
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup smucker's fruit spread, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, egg yolks, vanilla and salt until wll-blended and creamy.
- Add flour gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Place chopped pecans in a separate bowl.
- Scoop and roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Dip each ball into the egg whites and roll in the pecans.
- Place on greased cookie cheats.
- Make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place a teaspoon of fruit spread into each indentation.
- Return to oven for another 6 to 9 minutes until light brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
These were very good. I used the egg whites for a couple of them but it became a real mess (maybe because of the high humidity here). So I didn't use it for the rest and found out that that is how the pecans stick to the cookie. Make sure you chop your pecans very, very fine. Oh well, they were still good. I used strawberry and raspberry. Made for Fall PAC 2009.