Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food.
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (optional)
- 1 small potato, boiled, mashed (optional)
- In a mortar & pounding with a pestle, work the garlic cloves & a little salt until reduced to a very fine paste.
- Drizzle in the oil very slowly, stirring constantly to blend well.
- If you don't want the sauce to be as strong as this will be, add some yogurt and/or mashed potato & blend well before serving.
Yum!!!! I added the yogurt and had this with chicken shwarma. Awesome!
I went with the first 3 ingredients, and it was awesome! I've used it in pasta sauce, artichoke dip, and I even added a bit to Recipe #373002. Thanks Syd!
My husband and I enjoyed this; but, unfortunately the garlic we used was stupid hot. I bought fresh; but, it was still crazy hot & overwhelmed the flavour this is supposed to have. We will try again though.