- 5 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (optional)
- 1 small potato, boiled, mashed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar & pounding with a pestle, work the garlic cloves & a little salt until reduced to a very fine paste.
- Drizzle in the oil very slowly, stirring constantly to blend well.
- If you don't want the sauce to be as strong as this will be, add some yogurt and/or mashed potato & blend well before serving.