Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I threw this together from vegetables that we needed to get rid of. It turned out well, so here it is.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped with seeds removed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 6-8 pieces each
- 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- black pepper
- Heat olive oil in soup pot at medium heat.
- Add garlic cloves and onion to the olive oil.
- Saute until onions begin to brown.
- Add bell peppers, celery, potatoes, tomatoes and vegetable stock to pot.
- Bring soup to a boil for 5 minutes, then reduce heat.
- Simmer until potatoes can be cut with a fork, but are still firm. Do not let potatoes become too soft (squishy, mashed, etc.).
- Salt and pepper to taste.