Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This combination came out of shortages and DH's preferences. Thanks to cookin4my3boys Sloppy Joe Sloppy Joes, I used this recipe as a guide, then ended up being short on some ingredients and accomodating DH's preferences I ended up with this recipes that was just a mouth-watering wonderful combination of flavors for our family, hope you enjoy. I know there seems to be alot of ingredients but it is worth it. Leftovers the next day were even better!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄8 cup red wine
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 -8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, onions and green peppers. Cook till ground beef is crumbly. Drain mixture.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Red Wine, Tomato Sauce, Mustard, Relish, Worcestershire Sauce and Brown Sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for a minimum of 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture over buns.