4 hrs 10 mins
I got this recipe from Quick Cooking magazine. DH loves it, and it is SO simple to put together from stuff I always have in the pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1If you have time, brown the ribs in a little oil. If not, just throw them in the crockpot.
- 2Put all the rest of the ingredients except the cornstarch and 1 Tbsp cold water in the crockpot too.
- 3Mix just to combine and coat the ribs.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 5I have left it for as long as 8 hours and they came out fine. If you leave them in for a long time, just check to see if it needs any water now and then.
- 6Before serving, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- 7Gradually stir into cooking juices to make gravy.
- 8Cover and cook 10-15 more minutes until thickened.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Throw Together Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1078.2
- Calories from Fat 808
- Total Fat 89.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 2380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: