Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is one of those quick and easy go-to meals when I'm on the run. I think it originally came from Allrecipes several years ago. This recipe can be adjusted to fit your taste, such as adding onion, a kick of tabasco sauce, a dollop of sour cream, chiles, etc. We like our food spicy so I kick it up from the original recipe as shown.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe as written but we didn't like the black olives in this and thought it could use some cheese. It isn't a spicy casserole. It was very easy to make but just not to our liking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown; drain.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine the beef, cooked noodles, corn, salsa, olives, beans, taco sauce, seasoning mix and tomato sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1/2 hour, or until cooked through.