Recipe by LeeDelaino
i wanted to make Southern Corn Casserole, which is an excellent and authentic recipe, but i didn't have many of the ingredients in the house. i made this up and it worked really well. i'm recording it for my benefit, but if you try it, i hope you like it and vary to fit your pantry!
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated cheese (I mix cheddar and mozz.)
- 6 ounces chunky salsa, drained of some liquid
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (I drain off some of the liquid from a chunky salsa to keep the moisture of the mix right).
- Pour batter into the casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.