Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is pretty much a foolproof method for a wonderful white bread.
- 236.59 ml warm water (110 degrees F/45degrees C)
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 7.08 g package bread machine yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml oil (can use 4 tablespoons of oil or melted butter)
- 709.77 ml white bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- Place the water into the bread pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar then the yeast over the water; allow the yeast to foam for 10 minutes.
- Add in the melted butter, oil, flour and salt.
- Select the BASIC or WHITE BREAD setting and press start.
This bread is absolutely delicious! The first time I made it I forgot to choose a loaf size so my machine defaulted to 2 lbs. which resulted in dough that rose excessively and collapsed -- but it tasted awesome so I tried again on the 1.5 lbs. setting with better results. After that I tweaked the recipe a bit, using the oil to make it easier (I bake bread every other day or so) and decreased the yeast to 1.5 tsp. as I prefer a denser loaf. I process the ingredients in the bread loaf until the dough is kneaded the final time then let it rise in a greased bread pan and finally bake it at 350° for 31 minutes. After baking, I let the bread cool for half an hour or so then place close it in a bag to soften the crust for easier slicing.
Perfection !!! My second loaf just finished. For my first loaf I used all-purpose flour and 4 tsp of vital wheat gluten. The top fell but everybody said it was the best white bread they had ever had. For my second loaf I used the suggested bread flour and no vital wheat gluten. I followed the directions and selected dark crust. The loaf is absolutely perfect My bread machine bread usuallly turns out too dense for my liking so I'm going to try these direction for my other recipes. Thanks so much for sharing.
Another masterpiece from the master chef. Made exactly as directed and turned out exactly as expected. Beautiful and delicious! Thanks, Kitten, for another great one. :] Made again and it rose so high it pushed the top of my bread machine open. Best bread machine recipe I have ever made. :]