Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is pretty much a foolproof method for a wonderful white bread.
Make and share this Throw Away the Bread Machine Instructions!.... White Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package bread machine yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil (can use 4 tablespoons of oil or melted butter)
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the water into the bread pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar then the yeast over the water; allow the yeast to foam for 10 minutes.
- Add in the melted butter, oil, flour and salt.
- Select the BASIC or WHITE BREAD setting and press start.
This bread is absolutely delicious! The first time I made it I forgot to choose a loaf size so my machine defaulted to 2 lbs. which resulted in dough that rose excessively and collapsed -- but it tasted awesome so I tried again on the 1.5 lbs. setting with better results. After that I tweaked the recipe a bit, using the oil to make it easier (I bake bread every other day or so) and decreased the yeast to 1.5 tsp. as I prefer a denser loaf. I process the ingredients in the bread loaf until the dough is kneaded the final time then let it rise in a greased bread pan and finally bake it at 350° for 31 minutes. After baking, I let the bread cool for half an hour or so then place close it in a bag to soften the crust for easier slicing.
Another masterpiece from the master chef. Made exactly as directed and turned out exactly as expected. Beautiful and delicious! Thanks, Kitten, for another great one. :] Made again and it rose so high it pushed the top of my bread machine open. Best bread machine recipe I have ever made. :]
I made this exactly as directed and it was wonderful. For the first time since getting my bread machine I had fluffy, chewy, flavorful white bread. As a variation, I now substitute maple syrup for sugar and 1 cup oats for 1 cup of the flour. It's slightly different and still delicious :)