Recipe by Impera_Magna
Found online on one of the various blogs I keep up with... can't remember which now... sorry.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This is one of my favorite pasta recipes! I'm not a big fan of goat cheese so I usually sub mozzarella otherwise I make it as posted! I usually have all the ingredients on hand so it's a pantry recipe for me. Thanks for posting!
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml chopped and drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 340.19 g penne pasta, cooked
- 177.44 ml shredded mozzarella cheese or 118.29 ml goat cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for a minute or two being careful not to let the garlic burn (if it does, throw it out and start over).
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Mixture will reduce.
- Prepare penne while the sauce cooks.
- Drain, place pasta in same pot that you cooked it in and add the sauce, cheese, parsley and basil, if using. Mix lightly and serve.