Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found online on one of the various blogs I keep up with... can't remember which now... sorry.
Make and share this Three Tomato Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml chopped and drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 340.19 g penne pasta, cooked
- 177.44 ml shredded mozzarella cheese or 118.29 ml goat cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for a minute or two being careful not to let the garlic burn (if it does, throw it out and start over).
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Mixture will reduce.
- Prepare penne while the sauce cooks.
- Drain, place pasta in same pot that you cooked it in and add the sauce, cheese, parsley and basil, if using. Mix lightly and serve.
This is one of my favorite pasta recipes! I'm not a big fan of goat cheese so I usually sub mozzarella otherwise I make it as posted! I usually have all the ingredients on hand so it's a pantry recipe for me. Thanks for posting!