1/1 Photo of Three Tomato Pasta
Found online on one of the various blogs I keep up with... can't remember which now... sorry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped and drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup goat cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for a minute or two being careful not to let the garlic burn (if it does, throw it out and start over).
- 3Add sun-dried tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Mixture will reduce.
- 4Prepare penne while the sauce cooks.
- 5Drain, place pasta in same pot that you cooked it in and add the sauce, cheese, parsley and basil, if using. Mix lightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Tomato Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g