Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It doesn't get any easier than this. A fast, delicious meal on the table in minutes. Great for busy days after work, or nice even when you have lots of time. Even faster if you slice the peppers ahead of time. Great flavor, and with no real "sauce", it's a lighter pasta dish.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, about
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil and add the garlic.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and then add the peppers.
- Cook for about 7-9 minutes, but don't overcook.
- Add the wine to the pan, and scrape off all the good things in the bottom of the pan.
- Do this for a minute or two.
- Drain the pasta, and place in serving dishes.
- Divide the peppers among the plates of pasta.
- Drizzle with good olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. You may also drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar. This adds nice flavor.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprikled over the top.
This was really easy...but I didn't find it to have very much flavor...maybe I needed to cook the peppers longer. I used freshly grated parmesan cheese which I think helped. We all ate it, but I probably won't make it again.
I'm sorry you didn't like this Pam. I should say that the salt and pepper at the end is important. And we did drizzle the finished dish with a very flavorful olive oil that we love.