Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This puts together so quickly, nobody will believe that this didn't take hours!
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons rum (or rum extract)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts, finely chopped (use food processor or blender with strong motor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 3⁄4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- butter (for waxed-paper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a piece of waxed paper to fit an 8x8x2 inch pan. Butter paper and place buttered-side up in pan.
- Combine first four ingredients well and spread in pan.
- Melt chocolate in top part of double boiler over boiling water. Stir in milk and butter.
- Cook until thick, about 5 minutes and then pour over nut mixture in pan.
- Set aside.
- When firm, cut into small squares.