Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Many tetrazzini recipes require that you use every pot, pan, and chopping board in the house -- but not this one.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, quartered, about 2 1/4 cups (we used cremini, a dark-brown button mushroom)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted and drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cooked medium egg noodles, cooked according to the package directions (about 2 cups)
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, mushrooms, chicken, salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook until the chicken strips are cooked through, about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the defrosted peas and cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the half-and-half and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the Parmesan and mix thoroughly. Spoon the sauce over the cooked noodles and serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
Really good! And so easy to make. I love being able to make it all in one pan. Thanks for posting this!